Willie's Chicken Shack "Chicken so good you will slap yo mamma!"

Fried chicken! Fried chicken! Fried chicken!

It was on my mind since I began this trip. I had heard that the fried chicken in New Orleans, Louisiana was to die for and I was on a mission to find out. My family and I deviated from our usual route to check out the scene in the famous city. We ended up in the French Quarter, which I'd never been to. It was very lively with all the lights lit up and everyone walking on the street. It rivals Times Square, let me tell you that. We passed by Jackson Square and saw there was a World War 2 museum, but it was night, it was closed. We had an incredibly hard time finding parking. We ended up quite a ways from where we intended to be, but we eventually found where to park. We walked by Le Pavillon Hotel, man did it look fancy! 



We kept saying out loud that we wanted to try fried chicken and a group of people heard us and told us that the best was at Willie's Chicken Shack and pointed towards it. We were so close!


I'm sorry I didn't get to take a picture of the food. We were hungry and a little turned off by the service. It was a sort of quick order with absolutely no hospitality whatsoever. The person we got just wanted to keep it moving, which I understand because it was late at night, but there were no other clients after us. It seemed they were a bit on the rude side. She kept sucking her teeth and making it seem like we were annoying her asking her about the menu. We told her beforehand that we were out of town and were not familiar but would love to taste it. Was it worth the price we paid? I don't think so. We ate it of course but it tasted like Popeyes and we had to ask for sauces and napkins to be included.



It's a long trek tomorrow. I'm going to sleep.

With Love,

Cookie

Comments

Popular Posts