George's Lowcountry Table

My brother had a nice surprise up his sleeve and invited us to a restaurant. When we came in the staff immediately catered to us. They counted us and we were led to a separate room which had space for our sizeable group. They were very prompt in gathering tables and chairs for us. One of the waiters pulled out the chair to the most elder in our group. The lady who took our orders was very pleasant and she attempted to speak Spanish to my parents and their friends. This was very much appreciated and thus began a mix of English and Spanish order taking. She took the time to explain the menu and details of the dishes. It was very heart warming.

I had a mimosa for the very first time and oh my goodness where have I been? That is one delicious drink!

I ordered the Eggplant Pirogue which is eggplant with shrimp, crab stuffing, and crawfish étouffée according to their menu. I also ordered Shrimp and Grits because I wanted to taste it. However, I wasn't too fond of it. It was too salty for my taste. The Eggplant Pirogue was out of this world though! It paired very well with my mimosa.

All in all it was a wonderful experience to new tastes.

With Love, 
Cookie

Comments

Popular Posts